Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2 Week Check-up

Katelyn went in for her 2 week check-up today. She's very healthy, but they want her to gain weight. She lost weight after birth and she's still not back up to her birth weight. We'll take her in on Saturday or Monday to check her weight again.

What I enjoyed the most is that they were surprised how strong she is. Jason and I knew she was strong, but it made me smile to have someone say it who wasn't biased. When trying to measure how long she is the nurse tried to pull her leg straight. Katelyn held her leg up to her body so the nurse just slid her entire body across the scale. She said, "Wow, she's really strong. Normally they can't do that. They just give in when I pull their leg." :)

Other updates from the check-up...
Length: 50th percentile
Head circumference: 50th percentile
Weight: 25th percentile

I can't believe she's 2 weeks old already!

No comments: