Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February Pictures

I have not been very good at updating the blog recently. I thought I'd at least take a little time today to post some pictures I have taken if Katelyn during this month. She has acquired a new squint to accompany her smiles for cameras.

She has become very interested in dressing herself recently. She always tries to put on socks, shoes, hats, headbands, shirts, etc. Grandma F. got her this nice feather boa that she can put on all by herself. Note the ball in Kate's hand as well. She almost always has to have a ball with her. Just like her daddy!
Here she is enjoying watching the video of Disney World on our blog. She really loves that video. It might even top watching videos of herself! (Note: The only reason she is letting me complete this post right now is that I'm letting her sit on my lap to watch that video over and over in another window.)
We went swimming at my grandpa's pool in Michigan earlier this month. Katelyn decided that swimming is amazing! She didn't even mind wearing a life jacket if it meant she was in the pool. I thought she looked pretty cute in her cover-up after we got out of the water.
Katelyn enjoys eating. She now has over 10 teeth, so she can adeptly chew and eat most foods. She even had some peanut M&M's recently. It didn't take long for her to decide they are wonderful.
Katelyn is growing up quickly. Here are some more facts about Katelyn at 14 months.
  • She is almost always happy and smiles a lot.
  • The word she says most often is "this" pronounced more like "hiss."
  • She has recently decided she just wants me to put her down in her bed when she is tired. (Hurray!)
  • She has started trying to build with her blocks. She still loves to knock them down when I build a tower for her.
  • She loves Mickey. We're not really sure why or how, but I discovered it when she went crazy about a Mickey on a web page I was on. She now has a Mickey stuffed animal, shirt, and bib. She loves them all.
  • We're still working on potty training. We have good and not as good days. She woke up completely dry one morning!
  • She gets so excited she screams when we pick up Jason at the train station. She also cries when we drop him off. (We don't get to do either a lot right now because of long hours.)

2 comments:

kayla said...

She probably loves mickey cause you let her watch that Disney world show all the time :) She is So Cute. I love reading your blog you guys are such a cute family.

Jill Collier said...

Wow, she is really growing up fast! I love her cute smile!