This morning I set out to can, freeze, and use up a 1/2 bushel of peaches. I was expecting Katelyn to be somewhat disgruntled with this situation, because 90% of my attention and time would be directed towards peaches. However, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she wanted to help.

Cute girl wore her apron like Mom. (Thanks Aunt Erin for making her cute apron!!!) She also needed a knife (don't worry, she had a butter knife) and her own peach. She set right to work on that peach.

It kept her busy for almost 20 minutes. I don't know when anything has kept her occupied so long. She ended up "working" at the counter there for almost an hour. I couldn't believe it. After cutting her peach to death she worked on moving the peach pits between different bowls, handing me peaches, and playing in a big bowl of water.

It was a wonderful morning for us. Wonderful to know that canning is something we can work on together. :)
Here is the result of our labors. Yum!
4 comments:
What a great helper.
mmm, the peaches look fantastic!
That is so cute.
she's so cute in her apron!
Post a Comment